Working together for more acknowledgment
About Tietze en costochondritis
There is little difference between Tietze and Costochondritis. Both disorders are related and are an inflammation of the cartilage of one or more of the upper ribs. Tietze is contained to the cartilage between the ribs and the sternum and sometimes a swelling near the sternum may appear. We speak of costochondritis when the cartilage between the ribs and the spine is inflamed
Tietze and workpaticipation
The Work Participation Tool can help to strengthen the work position of Tietze patients. In the Netherlands, only 30% of people with a chronic disorders or handicap have a fully payed job. For those their job strengthens their participation in society. For the other 70% this "participation" is not so evident and causes financial hardship. Some 15 patient organisations have developed a work participation tool on a website and as an App.